Sunday, November 1, 2009

sundays

...so i was thinking recently...

about how incredible the music that i listen to on sundays is. i haven't always felt this way. in fact i used to never listen to music on sundays because i couldn't hardly stand any classical or just instrumental music. i think i've been maturing :D yay me! haha

but seriously. i've always had a little rule/guideline, i think it comes from my mom, about what i listen to on sundays. unless i'm on a roadtrip and i need some crazy music and possibly caffeine to keep me awake, all i listen to on sundays is classical, instrumental, efy, hymns, motab...you get the idea. and lately my favorite has been the instrumental stuff-especially instrumental hymns. it gives me music to put me in the mood for church, for being more receptive to the spirit...it gives me background to my thoughts, helps me sort things out, helps me focus on reading the scriptures...everything. it helps me re-focus on life.

i love music. and i love the way we can use it. truly one of the best gifts of God. hands down

1 comment:

  1. That is one huge reason I love Sundays, as well. I love listening to uplifting music. It is so calming and can really help strengthen a testimony.

    ReplyDelete