Saturday, October 10, 2009

magazine overload

...so i was thinking recently...

actually it was yesterday. we went to walmart to buy pumpkins for our festive pre-halloween carving festival. and in the checkout line, after excitedly telling the cashier about my incredibly awesome halloween costume, and while waiting for the rest of my pumpkin shopping friends, i browsed the magazines. yuck. wow. incredibly trashy, disgusting, and provacative. no wonder i don't ever read magazines. what is there to read? honestly nothing worth my time...basically ever. so...that's all i have to say about that.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! It was especially a nuisance on my mission. In Europe, they're very free about expressing such vulgarities, and they're not really ashamed. We would learn very quickly that upon entering a store, we would have to immediately locate the magazine racks (without looking directly at them), and then make a conscious effort to remember not to look in that direction the rest of the time in that shop. It's pretty bad. "I give unto you the way to judge: Magazines are rubbish."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree....yet this doesn't explain why I just bought a People magazine at the checkout stand the other day!! Must do study on why people get obsessed with celebreties...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the quizes they had other than that I didn't care for them as much. I remember one time there was a quiz to find out how good you were in bed... That's when I stopped buying them.

    ReplyDelete