Wednesday, September 9, 2009

its like we're on life support

...so i was thinking recently....

i just moved into my new apartment ready to start a new year of intellectual and social stimulation. just before i left home my parents bought me a new computer and i spent hours trying to figure out how to move all my crap from one laptop to the other. just when i thought it was all figured out i realized...wow, none of my itunes had been transfered. i wanted to die.

how am i supposed to move without bringing my oxygen tank with me. really? c'mon. the convenient "backup discs" wouldn't load properly and i was just about to fly to wherever the heck apple's rich corporate leaders were vacationing and let my frustration rain on their parade...or yacht. but i contained myself.

eventually i realized that most of my music had been transfered...but stored in some rediculously random folder that had been hiding under the annonymous name of "kassie's itunes music folder" under my documents. re.di.cu.lous. so, after uploading, or downloading, or whatever kind of loading i had to do, my music appeared back in my itunes and i was ready to get into the car and drive six hours-fueled by a gallon of dr. pepper and a couple gazillion gallons of gas all to the beautiful lyrics of my lifes' personal soundtrack blasting from my ipod.

isn't it crazy how angry technology can make us? especially when its not working the way we think its supposed to? or when the computer thinks its smarter than us and tries to trick us by saying "you do not have sufficient access to complete this action"...oh really? who has more authority to do stuff with my computer than me? ugh :/

anyway where i'm really going with this is just that...i basically can't live without my music. whether its on my ipod, online playlists, my itunes, cds, whatever-without my music i would die. literally. my ears would get so fed up with silence that they would shrivel up and fall off of my head from lack of usage...

want to know what is the most frustrating thing about this whole deal though? when i first moved in and started unpacking all my boxes...i was totally in a rocket summer mood. so i flip open my computer and searched for his cds in my itunes playlist... no success.

apparently not all my music has been transfered. ugh....or perhaps the rest of its hiding in a folder labeled "kill me now i hate computers"

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! My computer crashed like 2 years ago and I lost a ton of my music. I still haven't gotten over it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I couldn't live without my music either! My computer crashed in March and I had to work to extremes to save anything that was on my computer, and music was a HUGE one for me. Technology just doesn't like to cooperate sometimes eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this...I think it is totally true that the media has a lot of control over us. More than we think :) There is nothing more frustrating than media that can't read my mind and do what I want it to do.

    ReplyDelete