Saturday, September 26, 2009

i clearly look better in person

...so i was thinking recently...

and you know what is so annoying? trying to apply for a job. not only is it difficult to find anyone that is hiring in this economy, but when you do they just tell you--hey go online and fill out an application. ...uhhh ok? i took my time to come here, dressed up, ready to apply IN PERSON, so that you can associate my name and personality with my application so you can know what a catch i am so that you will hire me. instead you tell me to go online and send out a bunch of paperwork that you will glance over and probably pass up because it may look similar to everyone elses electronic 'paperwork' when in reality i am clearly the best candidate for this job. but you wouldn't know that would you. no. because you won't let me apply. here. in person. right now. hmmm. not a fan. and i think now i don't even want to apply for your stupid job anymore.
ugh.

seriously since when has the internet been the solution to everything. unemployment. banking. networking. what's next? end world hunger by clicking this button on this online website that when you click really spams your computer? hah. oh wait...don't they already have that?

1 comment:

  1. I somewhat agree with this feeling! I have realized that people are really distant even with so many ways to communicate, and even though this bothers me often, I participate. I have found recently that media really can do SO much good if you choose to use is wisely and in moderation. I love being able to connect with long lost friends over facebook, but at the same time, I say far less to them than I would in person so is it really better? I do love the example that the church has set in their wise choices and use of media. I love my family's traditions during conference and how excited we get about lounging about in our p.j.s with junk food while we soak in gospel principles. I am grateful we have the ability to hear the broadcasts of general conference, devotionals, firesides and so many other uplifting things that I would often not get to view otherwise! There is a definite balance that each individual, family and society needs to find in their own media use.

    ReplyDelete